The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 64 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
The Controller will be responsible for the development and implementation of accounting systems for effective and accurate reporting of financial results to internal management, external stakeholders including tax authorities. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will support business growth through developing and strengthening talent within the accounting function and optimizing internal processes and systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Lead accounting function with a track record of hiring, motivating, developing, and retaining talent.
• Develop and implement robust internal control procedures to safeguard organizational assets and maintain the accuracy of financial records.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and provide insightful analysis to support decision-making.
• Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, tax regulations and internal policies.
• Coordinate preparation of annual tax filings for both the US and UK.
• Coordinate annual external audit to ensure a smooth and successful process.
• Oversee cash receipts and disbursements to maintain financial stability.
• Coordinate and communicate with CFO, executive team, ATP Board, members, and department heads to assure quality level of service to all areas of the organization.
• Collaborate with the FP&A team to ensure proper data quality controls are in place to deliver accurate financial plans, evaluate financial performance and provide recommendations for improving financial sustainability.
• Evaluate and implement new technology where appropriate to enhance systems and processes to deliver more robust report.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A minimum of 5 years in a Controller or similar role, with experience leading teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and a related field + CPA certification required.
• Experience in treasury function is desirable.
• Experience in not-for-profit organization is desirable.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of MS Office, in particular, Excel-modeling skills and PowerPoint.
• Oracle NetSuite experience required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to attract talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, and foster a high-performing accounting function.
• Ability to gather and analyze data from various sources to support decisions and align others with ATP’s overall strategy.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
• Self-motivated to learn new concepts.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Satisfactory review from Chief Financial Officer.
• Satisfactory completion of the annual audit with no reporting conditions.
• Low turnover of accounting staff.
• Commitment to ATP strategic objectives and a demonstration of strategic thinking abilities.
• Effectively communicate across other functions and with ATP affiliates and members.
• Maintain a global perspective and think beyond national boundaries; accept and respect cultural differences.
• Ability to learn and master changes in job practices/procedures.
Reports To: SVP, Rules and Competition
Travel: Extensive domestic and international travel required
The Director of Best Practices & Standards will play a key role in driving Tournament Standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all stages of the Standards process: from leading the development and codification of standards and their definitions, developing and managing the on-site monitoring of standards, and working hand-in-hand with Tournaments and ATP Teams to debrief and improve standards.
- Collaborating with others in the Rules and Competition department to clarify existing tournament standards.
- Analyzing current tournament standards and identify areas where new standards are needed.
- Developing new standards (in collaboration with Business Subject Matter Experts) where strategic need identified.
- Creation of robust scoring definitions to underpin Standards measurement.
- Visiting tournament sites to monitor the execution of standards against required levels.
- Assisting in the development of a new reporting system to support during and post-event monitoring.
- Implementing a best practice program by compiling tournament practices and communicating best practices to members and different ATP departments.
- Effectively communicating with tournament organizers before, during, and after the event.
- Leading a team of Tournament Standards Managers to ensure consistency of practices and standards across tournaments.
- Supporting the Tournament Standards Committee (e.g. creating and sharing materials, preparing agendas).
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in roles which focus on quality and standards in sporting events, entertainment events, or other events.
- Experience in leading process improvement (including systems).
- Experience of managing projects end-to-end, demonstrating an ability to liaise with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Proactive and adept at working individually
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Multilingual skills are a plus but not a requirement.
Key Performance Measures:
- Improvement in the uniformity and quality of tournament standards, as measured by key performance indicators.
- Successful implementation of new standards.
- Positive feedback from stakeholders on the effectiveness and fairness of monitoring the standards.
- Increased collaboration of best practices amongst tournaments.
- Satisfactory performance review from the SVP, Rules and Competition.
Reporting to: Director of Player Services
The Membership Manager in the Player Relations department plays a pivotal role in enhancing player engagement and experience within the ATP. This position is responsible for developing programs, communication, and processes aimed at fostering high member engagement and loyalty. Collaborating closely with the Director of Player Services, the Membership Manager will innovate initiatives to benefit members, expand membership perks, and ensure effective communication for celebrating member achievements and milestones. The role demands a proactive approach to membership growth, retention, and day-to-day engagement management.
This position is integral to the Player Relations department, which is dedicated to enhancing the player experience at ATP by ensuring high-quality tournament delivery and offering comprehensive support to playing members during and post their careers. The department also oversees the coaches, alumni, and agents’ programs.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Process membership applications and renewals with precision and efficiency.
• Assist in crafting and disseminating membership communications.
• Innovate and increase membership benefits, ensuring they align with player needs and expectations.
• Collect and analyze membership data to prepare comprehensive reports.
• Develop and implement strategies aimed at boosting member loyalty and engagement.
• Actively engage with both new and existing members, fostering a welcoming and inclusive community.
• Deliver exceptional customer service to inspire and retain members.
• Collaborate with the Director of Player Services to formulate and execute new membership strategies.
• Benchmark successful membership programs in both sports and non-sport sectors for continuous improvement.
• Provide consistently high-quality customer service to members and prospective members through all forms of communication including: phone, email, and face-to-face.
Skills & Qualifications
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills; proficiency in multiple languages is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to excellence.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to create engaging and informative presentations.
• Flexibility to work unconventional hours as required.
• Experience in benchmarking and analyzing membership programs in various sectors.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in membership functions, customer service or similar role in sports.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
The ATP Tour is seeking an excellent Social Media Manager to join the ATP Marketing team. The position is for someone who genuinely understands the social landscape and the way it works. We want the ATP to be authentically embedded in culture, with an emphasis on regular, quality content that both appeals to current fans and attracts new audiences to the sport.
We are looking for content creators who are self-sufficient but can take direction and help support a large roster of campaigns and projects within a fast-paced, always on and everchanging environment. This position requires passion and dedication and presents a rare opportunity to work in one of the few truly global sports. This role will require regular weekend working and an innate passion for sport. A detailed knowledge of Tennis is essential.
• Supporting the Director of Social Media in scaling and delivering multiple key projects, events and reports on a weekly basis.
• Implementing the Tour's social media and digital brand strategy with a focus on owned events (Nitto ATP Finals, Next Gen and United Cup)
• Daily operation of posting all ATP Tour social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tiktok)
• Key daily responsibilities include match coverage/posting, liaising with inhouse studio on design briefs and ideating content ideas for upcoming events against a strategic framework
• Co-ordinating campaign rollouts with other comms teams and business areas
• Delivering excellent, reciprocal ‘fan engagement’ through extensive and nuanced community management
• Day-to-day collaboration with our editorial team to ensure consistency of output across platforms
• Working with ATP players and Tournaments to support their social media efforts
• Driving ongoing alignment with WTA as we try to position tennis as one sport
• Being the guardian of the ATP's tone of voice and content/platform strategy on social media
• Creation of basic social graphics and videos
• Delivery of contractual partner branded content on social media in coordination with the commercial department
• Development and support of campaign or always on paid media strategies with partner agencies
• Working with our analytics team to optimise output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics based on data
• Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Requires 3-5 years’ experience working in social media for either an agency, in-house at a large consumer or a sports brand is essential
• A strategic thinker who is able to consider the longer-term, articulate their ideas effectively – with proven experience developing and implementing future social strategies and large-scale projects
• A confident individual who is comfortable supporting a process driven environment and implementing strategies to an ever-changing landscape
• A creative at heart with strong content ideation, graphic design, video editing skills and a sharp attention to detail is critical- experience with the adobe suite of tools is preferred
• Experience in community and influencer management is preferred, with the ability to help manage crisis or disruption comms and processes
• An excellent project manager, with prior experience working on big brand campaigns, involving the management of multiple internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to commercial partnerships, media and creative agencies, brands, PR and .com/digital.
• A detailed understanding of the intricacies of tennis world and the wider sports social industry landscape. Enthusiasm for sport is a must.
• Strong and versatile copywriting skills. The candidate needs to be able to adapt instantly to the brand’s tone-of-voice with flawless grammar and articulation, mixed with a distinctive flair of creativity and style
• An individual who can prioritise a large workload, work in a team, manage feedback and stay calm under pressure
• Ability to assert data to support your ideas. Good analytical skills and previous experience using social analytics tools would be beneficial
• Interest in the wider social media landscape- new formats, trends, platform trials and innovations across different verticals is also beneficial
• We really want someone who shows great initiative
Please send resumes to [email protected] with Social Media Manager in the subject lineApply For This Position